Thursday, August 14, 2008

AM I A RACIST??

Chris Page says I am. And I disagree. I’m just “open” with race and racial stereotypes and taboos. I don’t believe in any of that shit. I’m completely comfortable being like “Ofcourse Whitney can’t swim, she’s black.” Or like “I was scared when I saw an Asian driving my bus.” I also don’t care if people are like “you’re a vegan, crazy white bitch,” or if they’re like “you dirty spic.” It’s like… okay whatever.
I just did a cheer for a Chinese girl in the Olympics in my “fake Chinese.” Chris immediately said… that’s racist, and I’m like… actually I’m cheering for her cause I want her to win. That’s how I celebrate China, and diversity goddamit.
WNL was a school that was very open with race. I don’t know why I feel so comfortable with it. IB (international baccalaureate, a school program) was so diverse that everybody became so comfortable with just talking about race and socioeconomic status. And now I go to UVA where I’m the poorest and stereotypically “latino” compared to the other “latinos” who’s parents were all US college educated n shit.
Anways, bottom line is, I’m not racist. I love everybody and hate everybody equally. I particularly love the little Chinese gymnasts. And I’m gonna have an OLYMPICS themed birthday party. ~~celebrate diversity~~
Also, nobody would call me racist if I said things more eloquently and if I had a fucking masters in anthropology. FOR EXAMPLE, in the post the other day I read the article “A Win for U.S. Swimmers and Black Children, too.” It was about how black people can’t swim and how blah blah Cullen will make a difference in the long run to improve those numbers and how had they not gotten gold everyone would have blamed him cause 1) he was the slowest 2) he was black (affirmative action in relay, give the spot to him cause he’s black blah blah)
So basically, if I say this, I’m racist. If Courtland Milloy says it, it’s okay.
I talk about race because I care and because I know people are still racist. And I AM NOT one of those people. So anyways, everybody, moral of the story, racism is stupid, everybody is the same (except white people, they think they’re better *teehee* just because they’ve been oppressors for so long)
SHIT SORRY I mean really, I love everybody. So now I will go watch Olympics. And cheer for china. Like a good commie. (kidding)




oooooo chingweiiiluuuuheeee

1 comment:

Jacy said...

ssshhh be quiet, that is always the best thing to do.