Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My last night in Arlington...

was fantastic.

I went over to Jacy's and had some delicious vegetarian tacos, sat around and LOLed @ politics, yuppies, shitty movies, and of course my "dear ol' UVa."

UVa might be the second best public school in the U.S., but it's pretty horrible at this thing called "school of life." All those spoiled suburbanites go to UVa and learn just about nothing about the world and what people are really like because UVa is a gigantic bubble of assholes who are exactly the same. Tragic, no?

After Jacy's, I headed over to O'Sullivan's, most definitely my favorite bar in Clarendon. The bartender is the best I've ever had and it's usually pretty mellow on Monday nights. There's always soccer on TV and the music is nothing I particularly hate. We met a bunch of "blokes" from the U.K. who tried to talk us (Cami and me,) out of going to class/work tomorrow. They were hilarious. We talked about everything from driving in Arlington to the Falkland Islands War to how Arsenal is still the greatest football team in the UK (fuck Chelsea.) It was a great night, and I got a free Shock Top (or 2,) my favourite beer at the moment.

I'll be back in Charlottesville in less than 14 hours. NOOOOOOOOo

No comments: